Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Killing Joke (comic)


Repost from 31/08/08:

Having figured out a way to carry around comics in my PSP I grew new fascination to this type of recreation. Looking around, I realize the comic world is slowly drifting away because of the sudden surge of technology and the wonders the new age brings. The more things fade, the more people realize its truest potential. The concrete reason why I got into this probably originated from Gantz. Nah, just something I came up with recently, battling freakish boredom and all.

Anywho, The Killing Joke was such a good read, I must say. At first I thought of Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight movie but it's all quickly forgettable in this one-shot comic between Batman and him. It depicts how him and Bruce were "psychological mirror images of one another." That the uncanny resemblance was, in fact, astounding. The end was fulfilling, the thrill was so and so, but the bond that Joker and Batman illustrated was the cherry on top.

This also brings to life Joker's persona on how he allegedly came to be as he is, and proving a point beyond all repair that one person can go insane with just "one bad day" just like he did, just like he knew Batman did.

I recommend this comic because it's not brainless reading unlike most superhero comics are.


Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment